Thursday, August 27, 2009

Hey!

Good morning family!

Well, it's morning here and I'm at the office. I don't know if you have ever seen my building before, but it's in Westwood (where UCLA is) and it overlooks the university village. Of course, because it is LA, there is a huge 7 story poster on the building across the street advertising Project Runway - I guess they're afraid that the move to Lifetime (from Bravo) will confuse the audience and hurt ratings. In LA it's all about ratings. Well, ratings and being skinny; right below that huge poster is a bill board advertising the “Lap Band”. If you’re uninitiated into the world of skinniness you won’t know that a lap band is a surgical procedure where they attach a metal ring around your stomach and limit your food intake. Originally the billboards said “want to lose 75lbs in a month” and never mentioned surgery – you had to find that out on your own. I would imagine it to be much like waking up in a bathtub full of ice and realizing that agreeing to anonymous sex actually meant losing of a kidney.

An alternative to surgical procedures would be exercise, but I tried that this last Sunday and I can still barely walk. Like an idiot, I allowed myself to be talked into running a 5K with my fiance and my roommate. Everything was going well until I realized that I would be running for 5K… Well, 33 minutes and 49 seconds later (I finished 125 out of 160) I hoisted my trophy (a watermelon – it was called the watermelon run) above my head and DROVE to our favorite brunch spot for an eggs benedict to celebrate. FYI, I’m still feeling the effects of being so adventurous. My ankles, my feet, my shins… everything hurts – and it’s Thursday! What has the world come too? Maybe I’m spending too much time in the office? I remember when rugby was something I did 3 times a week.

Oh well, it’s another day, the sky is blue and there’s no smog for miles – a great LA day. I can’t wait for everybody to come visit, and I look forward to hearing everybody’s stories. Keep in touch,

Tak

1 comment:

  1. Writing blogs at the office! Scandalous! And here I thought you were deluged with work, with barely time to eat, let alone the hour it takes to polish off a blog as interesting and engaging as the one you wrote. Your work ethic must be slipping, or you must truly be reaching the end of your rope with compensation consulting. My only advice: get Ilona to massage your aching feet.

    Great post, and I'm looking forward to chowing down at Buffalo Wild Wings on Saturday.

    Dad

    ReplyDelete